Monday, November 14, 2011

What is the best way to attach Swarovski crystals to wood, plastic, cloth etc.??

I'm trying to make a wall hanging for my son that has Swarovski crystals all over it. I've never used the crystals before and I'm not quite sure where to begin. I would like to know:





1. What tool should I use to attach them? A hot fix tool? Hot glue? Some other type of glue?


2. What size crystals should I use?


3. How much should I pay for crystals?


4. Where can I get the crystals in bulk for a decent price?|||Use beading glue, it's meant just for that.


http://www.firemountaingems.com/ is the place to get them. You can use their pricing as a guide. Don't pay more than what they charge.


.|||Swarovski sells flatback crystals and those would be thebest to attach with. The hot fix have fallen of for me before I would use e600 its a strong glue. I wouldn't pay more han 4 or 5 dollars for the package of 72. Astral Beads and Fire Mountain Gems are good sources for the crystals.|||i do machine embroidery and the crystals are popular now to add to embroidery designs. here is a site that sells them


http://www.designbydawn.com/Swarovski%20鈥?/a>





these come with a glue on the back that attaches when it gets hot. they have a special tool they sell to attach these at that site also.





have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment