Monday, November 14, 2011

How can you tell a real Swarovski Crystal Bead?

I make beaded eyeglass chains and sell them on Ebay. I can get beads for pretty cheap on ebay and try to only get stuff from the US but I accidentally purchased some beads coming from Hong Kong that said Swarovski in the listing. Is there any way to tell if they are really swarovski beads? Also do I have to worry about toxins coming from hong kong beads?|||This Real vs. Fake Swarovski guide has some good information:





http://reviews.ebay.com/Real-Swarovski-C鈥?/a>





http://reviews.ebay.com/Swarovski-Crysta鈥?/a>





Good luck!|||why don't you join my Fire Mountain Gems buyers group. We get fabulous discounts...and you can choose to buy genuine Swarovski's or the cheap chinese/Hong Kong imitators or Jablonex...an in-between.



You buy on your own..they are a great company..and have a nice selection.



http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FireMounta鈥?/a>



***

how to tell fakes? Look under high power magnification.

Swaros are consistent in size..and the facets do not have chips.



The new Swaros even have more facets because they got tired of the imitators.

They redid the bicones from 5301 to 5248 or something.



If you bought from Hong Kong/China they are fake..in my opinion...

Often the Seller has no idea of the right color names.



Most fakes are off center...meaning one side is bigger than the other.



Swaros have better shine.



***

I don't know of any toxins on beads...but that is an interesting question. If you buy from FMG...sometimes the Chinese imports (usually metals) have a notice not child safe due to lead.

I also buy beads from Fusion, Art beads, Beadaholique. to name a few.



Toxic beads...

http://www.newser.com/story/11184/popula鈥?/a>



Some beads are dyed and have to be washed first...



I would not be an expert...



My favorite real Swarovski fold over magnetic clasp...are no longer sold due to lead...BUMMER. I loved them.





Linda|||price tell you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment