Monday, November 14, 2011

How to apply swarovski crystals to satin shoes?

I am getting married in two weeks, and I can't find shoes that I like. I am considering buying satin shoes and embellishing them with Swarovski crystals. I'm not sure how to apply them to fabric on a shoe. I don't want to make any mistakes with an expensive pair of Kate Spade Shoes. Any advice from the community would be great.|||The glue stick goes on liquid clear and dries liquid clear, but very little is needed to hold the stone/glass/crystal in place. Do it yourself or pay someone else to do it. Personally, I'd be tempted to go with rubies for my slippers.|||I use tons of crystals when I make evening dresses and hot-fix crystals are the way to go. It's fast, easy and so far I've not damaged anything with my hot fix tool, and I have crystallized almost everything.





You can also use ordinary flat back crystals -without the hot fix glue -and use gel-formula super glue and a tweezers to stick the crystals where you want. It's far more time consuming and you run the risk of making a mess and gluing crystals to everything But the shoes. Use just a tiny drop of glue, place the crystal in the glue with tweezers, hold the gem in place with the tip of a sewing needle and remove the tweezers. Hold the gem down for a few seconds and then lift the needle. The needle holds the gem in place long enough for the glue to set, if you hold the crystal in place with the tweezers you'll have glued the tweezers to the shoe! The gel glue won't drip or run. Don't get and glue on your fingers or you will glue your fingers to the crystals or worse, glue yourself to the shoe. That's why hot fix crystals are better and why I switched. My first time in the hospital emergency room with my fingers glued to a shoe was the last time I used glue.





So hot fix crystals are best.|||Swarovski does have a heat gun thing that attaches the flat backed crystals to a surface. Not sure about shoes. They worked well on a regular shirt. I bought mine at Michael's along with a variety of different crystals. This site has some info on application.

No comments:

Post a Comment