Friday, November 18, 2011

How do i create one of those swarovski snowflake pendant cake toppers i see?

I love the way they look, and would like to make it myself. I make jewelry, so I think I'd be able to do this. They are so expensive to buy from a retailer. It has about 8-10 silver wires that are slightly curved at different heights, and then you dangle a snowflake pendant from the ends. Has anyone ever made one of these? What did you use, and how did you construct it, what was used for the base?|||I'm just winging this here...since I've never seen one. I would use a sturdy straw,with a large enough diameter to hold the 10 sturdy wires. Shove candy clay into the center of the straw. Pack it solid. Insert the straw into the top of the cake. Insert the wires, Bend them the way you wish and suspend the snowflakes. Make sure the wires don't go through the candy clay into the cake. You can find a recipe for the candy clay at


http://www.cakecentral.com You'll have to search the site, since I don't remember the direct address.|||i usually roll up cornflakes with bread crumbs

No comments:

Post a Comment