Monday, November 14, 2011

How does resin react with Swarovski flatback crystals?

I want to make some Christmas ornaments with the resin, in a mold. I want to set a flat back crystal in the resin.





I'm just wondering how the crystal and the foil on the back of the crystal will react to the resin, if there is any reaction at all.


|||I'm not exactly sure what you're going for, but it sounds like you want a Resin ornament base piece, with the crystal as the center piece. If that's the case, there should not be any connection betweent he resin and mold of the base and your crystal at all. The 2 should be seperate units, one glued to the other when you're ready with both.





If you already have a resin base, and want to add your foil backed centerpeice to that now and then make a mold of the completed unit so you can cast it as a whole, you shouldn't have any problems there either. So long as the piece is glued or tacked somewhere to the base prior to molding it, it'll come out as a complete unit when you're done.


I've held things together with tape while molding so I could get a "one-piece" end product to work with.





Hope this helps?

No comments:

Post a Comment